Announcing Deno SaaSKit: an open-source SaaS template built with Fresh
In 2022, we released Fresh with a strong vision of merging a modern developer experience with a low-latency, performant user experience. And many developers agreed, so much so that Fresh was one of the top-starred front-end projects on GitHub in 2022.
Announcing Deno SaaSKit
Today, we’re launching a beta release of Deno SaaSKit, our open-source SaaS template built on Fresh, with all the foundational features every SaaS needs, including:
- User accounts
- User creation flows
- Landing page
- Pricing section
- Sign-in and session management
- Billing integration via Stripe
- Gated API endpoints
- Native TypeScript support
- No build step
- Server-side rendering and islands architecture
- Built-in robust tooling, such as a formatter, linter, and test runner
Note that this project is in beta, which means there currently may be limitations. Your usage and feedback will be valuable to help us improve Deno SaaSKit to be as useful as possible. For more information, please refer to our public roadmap.
Teaching how to build a modern SaaS app
In addition to releasing Deno SaaSKit, which you can use today to build your SaaS, in the upcoming months, we’ll be publishing a series of How To guides and videos on building a SaaS using Fresh and Deno SaaSKit in TypeScript. This material will range from beginner to advanced, and will cover topics such as:
- How to setup user authentication in Fresh with Supabase
- How to connect a database in Fresh with Supabase
- How to setup Stripe subscriptions in Fresh
- How to create authenticated API routes in Fresh
- How to deploy Deno SaaSKit to any virtual private server with Docker
We hope that these more guided tutorials show how easy it is to build with Fresh and Deno SaaSKit, as well as provide guidance on how to achieve more advanced setups with Fresh to meet what your specific products’ needs.
Have a particular topic you want us to cover? Let us know in Discord.
We hope you will try Deno SaaSKit and give us feedback, as we plan to continue iterating and improving this SaaS template to make it as easy as possible for anyone to start their SaaS with modern tooling that delivers a performant user experience.
If you’re stuck or want to help contribute, join our Discord!